Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I want my music

I am the kind of person who likes to listen to rock music. I like old rock, and new rock. I like metal and alternative. I do not care much for pop or country music. I also like to listen to the radio to hear the new music. Living in Northern Maine is difficult for me sometimes, because up here, there are no stations that play current rock or metal. Most of the radio stations up in Northern Maine are different. There is a station that plays classic rock, one that plays country music, one that plays smooth listening, and many that play pop music, but there is not one station that focuses on the new and harder rock. In the area that I used to live in, there is a plethora of music stations coming from Rochester and Buffalo, which I could tune into and almost immediately find a new song to my liking, or even an old song from the 90’s that I have forgotten about. There is though one thing that I have to say about one of the stations up here, every Thursday night from 6 to 7, the classic rock station plays music from local bands. They call the segment Back Yard Buzz. Any one who lives in Northern Maine and hasn’t heard it yet has to tune in on your FM dial to 101.9.

2 comments:

  1. This is why the gods of the Internet invented Pandora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like music as well so I understand your frustration. The program your talking about I have listend to but I think it needs better filtering. It is not bad but some of the music they put on there sure is.

    ReplyDelete