Friday, March 12, 2010

Maine, a beautiful place







Maine is a great place to live. Maine has the brightest grass, the bluest rivers, and the biggest trees. A great day for me is being outside in this beautiful state that I now call home. I love to take walks down country road, treks trough the woods, hikes up mountains, and ATV rides alongside a river.




These pictures were taken after a nice ride up Mars Hill Mountain on an ATV.


Taken after a hike up Haystack.
Though I have not seen any waterfalls in Maine, I have seen some gorgeous sites. The Aroostook River is over 100 miles long and flows into the Saint John River. The Aroostook River flows from Penobscot County, through Aroostook County, all the way to Canada. The river is a big and beautiful, not to mention powerful, river that many Mainers enjoy. Whether you are fishing in it, following the current in a canoe, swimming in it, or just watching the power of the river, much fun is had on the river every year.



If you love the wilderness, you will love Baxter State Park. Though Baxter is not in Aroostook County, it is not far from it. Baxter State Park located in Piscataquis County and is most known for Mount Katahdin. Mount Katahdin is a large mountain consisting of clusters of mountains. Mount Katahdin is at the northern end of the Appalachian Trail.

this picture was taken from Bing Images
Another one of my favorite places in Maine is Acadia National Park. Acadia National Park is along the east coast of Maine. The park consists of mountains, Islands, and the Atlantic Ocean. I love Acadia and visit it every year. Whenever my family comes to Maine, I plan one day to take the four hour drive and spend the day at Acadia.

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures! You've got a good eye for what makes a nice landscape. I laughed when I say your Haystack photo...I "climbed" it but wasn't able to go all the way to the top because I'm scared of heights...the top is bald, so I was too scared to scramble up the last part. Pretty lame! At least I know what the view looks like now. You should try Hedgehog. It's between Portage and Eagle Lake on Route 11. Look for the rest area. It's a comparable climb to Haystack without the exposure at the top. Your entry is making me long for summer!

    ReplyDelete